Representing the best and brightest in tax, from rising stars to industry leaders, the recipients have been chosen from a pool of well-deserved tax professionals by our
The judges for the 2015 Tax Adviser of the Year Awards are:
- Arlene Macdonald, CTA (Life);
- the Hon. Ian V Gzell, QC, FTI (Life);
- Ian Langford-Brown, FTI (Life);
- Michael Evans, CTA;
- Peter McKnoulty, CTA; and
- Syd Jenkins, CTA.
We are proud to announce that the judges have selected the finalists for the awards. These individuals display excellence in the areas of tax advice, tax planning, leadership, professionalism, ethics, innovation, and commitment to the tax profession.
The Emerging Tax Star finalists are:
- Andrew (Andy) Bubb, KPMG;
- Sarah Goodman, ATI, KPMG; and
- Po-Kai (Jack) Wang, FTI, Pitcher Partners.
The SME Tax Adviser finalists are:
- Dinesh Aggarwal, FTI, Fortuna Accountants & Business Advisors
- Peter Bobbin, CTA, Rockwell Oliver; and
- Stephen Holmes, CTA, WMS Chartered Accountants.
The Corporate Tax Adviser finalists are:
- Minh Dao, CTA, KPMG;
- Matt Ervin, KPMG; and
- Scott Treatt, CTA, Pitcher Partners.
The Chartered Tax Adviser finalists are:
- Judith Choate, CTA, Piper Alderman Lawyers;
- Paul Dowd, CTA, Morse Group; and
- Andrew Mills, CTA, ATO.
The winners of each category will be announced on the Gold Coast on 19 March. Join us to support your colleagues and to find out who will be the winner in each category. Details of the awards dinner can be found at taxinstitute.com.au under the National Convention pages.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the judges and all who entered the awards, and to congratulate the finalists.
Noel Rowland is Chief Executive Officer of The Tax Institute.
The Tax Institute is Australia’s leading professional association in tax. Its 13,000 members include tax agents, accountants and lawyers as well as tax practitioners in corporations, government and academia.